Buying film over the internet

<p>I've had zero problems buying from from B&H and Adorama. They are probably Kodak's two largest dealers for "still picture" film. (Kodak "Eastman" movie film is mostly sold direct, probably often made to order.) They refrigerate their professional films, but they probably move through the warehouse so fast that it's moot if they do or don't.<br>

Nothing different on how the film goes from Rochester to their warehouses than how it goes from their warehouses to me. UPS trucks. Also the same way the film used to get to your local camera store.<br>

Color films aren't nearly as fragile as they used to be.</p>

<p>Yes, Larry. I was only referring to buying a product that is depicted with the USA packaging and not specifically identified as grey market... and then getting grey market. I suppose I share part of the blame by thinking that I was getting a good deal -- USA film at grey market price.</p>

<p>Other than that, I've had good luck buying film mail order and will likely do it again in the future.</p>

<p>I must say I have to put in a plug for http://www.freestylephoto.biz/index.php as I have had nothing but great film and communication with them. I am in no way associated with them other than a great and satisfied costumer. Also http://www.ultrafineonline.com/ as they take the time to call you and use your name if there is any problem.</p>

<p>Larry</p>

<p>I have been buying film over the internet for quite sometime. They just ship it right out. I suppose if you bought it from a Camera shop the film would have been sent to them in the same trucks and such as to your home. I suppose if you paid for overnight shipping you could get it into the refridgerator faster if you feel it would help out. I do not worry about all that myself. I just buy it and shoot it. </p>

<p>Depending on the film, I use B&H, Adorama, Freestyle and there's always Amazon. Since I'm an Amazon Prime shipping customer, I just look for that tag in the description. Just got a couple bricks of Neopan last week.</p>

<p>If that stupid Amazon tax law passes I'll need Zoloft...</p>

<p>I have bought from B&H and Calumet with no problems. Yet my local shop has sold me grey market film before, which I promptly returned after I noticed just because it p****d me off. I buy from Calumet most of the time because I can get it UPS the next day at no additional charge because they are in Chicago and I am in Indianapolis. When I had the lab I also ordered all of my paper from calumet with no problems.</p>

<p>I have ordered film, paper, and chemicals from Freestyle and Adorama, and film and paper from B&H (B&H had a weird policy about shipping chemicals), all with no problems.</p>

<p>As other have written, I try not to order in the summer; temperatures in the Califronia Central Valley get up to 100 F. But even the few times I have ordered in the sumer, I have not noticed any problems.</p>

<p>In NZL, slide film can cost $25US equiv for a pop, so I import them. <br>

Haven't had issues myself. I immediately freezed them upon delivery and they are some yrs expired, they are fine. I have not used anything faster than 100 on slides or more than 400 on print film. I also export my slides to the USA for development - b/c they cost $30US for a roll to be developed here and then $7US for mounting.</p>

<p>I have had color slide film (which would show problems easily if there were any) shipped UPS ground from B+H, Adorama, and Freestyle for years, during all seasons of the year, with no issues whatsoever. I am in NC where it's almost never over 90 degrees, but I'm sure the trucks get pretty toasty in July. I try not to think about it, as it's never been a factor for me.</p>