business cards

katydid

I am getting ready to have my first set of business cards printed. What are the

favorite online places to do this? I do weddings and portaits so I am using a

portrait picture on it. I have the words wedding & portrait on the back.

Thanks, Katie

I prefer to use Vista Print. You have a large variety of options to play around with, prices seem reasonable to me and the orders ship very quickly. I am very happy with the business cards, notecards and postcards that I had printed up there...all using my own images of choice.

I've tried Vista Print and all was ok, except a charge that came up on my card from another "funny" company and it was Vista Print "giving" away card info. Of course there was something along when ordering I checked but I am usually very aware of such things and can spot them, this time I don't remember anything so I assume it was done in a very sneaky way. I have also heard of same thing happening to others and it has been discussed here so I'm not writing this just because *I* had bad experience.

People here suggested Overnight Prints and I've tried them. Excellent! Quality far surpasses Vista, service is great and fast.

I just have "weddings & portraits" on the back. I am considering moving my web address to the back so I can make it bigger and easier to read. I am just not sure about putting it on the back where it won't catch people's eyes.

Katie

You really should change your font and also try it bigger. I made that mistake with my first

set of cards. Maybe also list the location, if it matters in your area. Vista print was cheap and

quick but their color was a bit off. Black and white may work better. I really like your photo.

I agree with changing the font and altho I think it's a really neat image, I don't think it'll make for a good card photo. I have 4x6 cards made for my wedding biz and a seperate 4x6 card for the portraits biz. This allows me to put a few images on each. Your card could easily pigeon-hole you as a "baby photographer" and some would wonder if that was you holding the sleeping baby on your card.<div>00Gvec-30574084.jpg.160c6a8129552ebfacbc1b367c1fbc43.jpg</div>

Thanks everyone for your responses. I went with overnightprints.com. It seems that there are some people who like vista and some who really don't like it!

I am not sure why a customer would think I was the one holding the baby when I don't look a thing like that! I don't plan on posting this anywhere but I will be giving them out personally as people ask. By the way, that is my sister-in-law and my new niece. These were Father's Day pictures that we just took.

I understand the idea about it not representing the wedding side of my photography or even my family portraits. I am having "weddings & portraits" printed on the back. I know that most people will check out my website before they book me and I think my website gives a well rounded view of all my work.

Thanks!

Katie

Katie,

I designed mine in PhotoShop and print two on a piece of 6x4 at Costco for 4 pence each

(6 cents ?) for a batch of 100 (200 cards).

Just cut them in half.

Gives me the opportunity to develop the design as I go along.

Gary<div>00Gvqq-30581584.jpg.a008f646ee660c52198a54b8310504cb.jpg</div>

• 1 year later...