Business Card...... It's a start anyway....

michelle a.

I finally got my new logo and wanted to build a business card that incorporated

the logo. So this is what I've come up with so far.

I firmly believe in keeping things simple and elegant. I hate cluttered cards

with lots of text everywhere. But I'm looking at this and it seems to be

missing something?

I'm not sure if it's the layout of the text or what... I need other eyes to give

me their thoughts.<div>00JZcB-34488484.jpg.67556ad3dc326042c2d519fcbf83c238.jpg</div>

I like the simplicity of your card. I don't think that I would add an image to the background though. People can visit your website if they want to get an idea of your work. If you really did want to put an image on your card, I would put it on the backside as a duotone image with the same blue you have on the front. I would also make your website address bigger.

How's this?

It felt unbalanced to me so I moved things around a little. I also bumped up the size of the website to emphasize it. I like to have my web address as a prominent feature. This also clarifies the spelling of your name since it is slightly challenging to read.

Just a suggestion.

Sam<div>00JZhC-34489484.jpg.64f482087569bf9d1ded4f8f7f3f5d52.jpg</div>

Michelle, your first version is nice.

I would put your actual name above the copy on the left (also see the last paragraph

below). That will confirm the spelling and such of your name, and lead the viewer to

believe that they have the card of the owner, not just an employee.

Do not put a keyline around the card. It's not a photograph. Use the negative space to your

advantage. A keyline will look horsey if the card is not trimmed out correctly and square.

Putting an image on the back is a good idea. In fact, you might take the copy that's on

your lower left of the face of the card and move it to the back to accompany the image. It's

obvious you're a photographer by your logo. But putting an image on the back and

supporting it with a tagline of what type of photography would be good.

My 2 cents worth.

It's not going to be readable on your other stationery. Say, you have it on your letterhead. Try photocopying and then faxing it to yourself. It'll come out solid black in the middle rendering it totally unreadable. When yopu design a logo, always think B/W first. If it doesn't look good in a faxed copy, change accordingly

Michelle, no probs. The agency should be able to make one last-minute correction. After all they should've thought about the B/W issue in the first place. Try making the dark circle in the middle a bit lighter. Perhaps, use a colour density similar to the word "photography" (so that they look equally grey in B/W). It can be light blue, yellow, pink etc. Experiment with different options.

Important, do not convert the logo to B/W in software for your experiments. Instead, photocopy the colour version on different copiers and see what it looks like (some copiers use "photo" mode, some are "text" by default). Then try faxing both the original colour proof AND photocopied B/W versions to yourself. It doesn't have to be perfect but should be readable at least.

Ronaldo is right about the contrast in the color of the circle and the type running through it.

(In reference to fax and photo copying.)

A simple shift in color value would eliminate that problem. Your designer should be able to

recommend some ideas on that.

Michelle,

I like your logo. I am graphic designer and photographer. I have designed all different

business cards for my clients. Your logo is individual image. It is photo. The typography is

imagery because every letter is the shape. What about using the same font as logo

Weddings and Life Portraits, but your info in Arial or Verdana font in 7 points? I don't see a

contrast in your design. You are photographer and you have great images. What about

your favorite image you will put on the backside of you business card. The client will keep

your business card and your image will tell you about your skills. When I design business

card, I put info about your business (weddings, portraits and etc), or statement of you

business on the back. You can put your phone number, website in front. You can have

more creative business card because you are creative person. Think about your favorite

colors, use them are the texture, or border of you business card. The business card is your

presentation, and it has reflected your personality and gift. If you need my help e-mail me

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up to this thread..... no need to respond! I just wanted again to say thank you to all who helped me out!

The card has been printed. And it looks wonderful! Special thanks to BW Combs, you helped tremendously.... and to Lyubov for the recommendations about the font and type. I was able to find the font the designer used by going to identifont.com. From there I purchased the font, and was able to "fix" the font in the back using the same font as the logo.

Thank you!!!!!!