Discussion in 'Medium Format' started by jack_hagedorn, Sep 19, 1997.

  1. I have a Busch Pressman 2 x 3 camera that has a focusing screen that's very cloudy. This camera also uses sheet film in holders. I would like to get a better focusing screen. Does anyone know whether any other more current camera has a focusing screen that fits this camera? I would like to adapt a Graphlok back to this camera. Has anyone done that? How did you do it?
  2. I also have a 2 1/4 X 3 1/4 Busch, and wanted to roll film backs on it. After a bit of hunting around at shows, I found a nice Graflok back without focusing panel - but it was cheap. Removed the Busch spring back and replaced it with the Graflok - just be sure to make a felt "gasket" between the back and the body to avoid light leaks. For several years I have been making focusing panels for various Graflok backs from pack film holders. If you cement down a piece of proper sized ground glass (frosted side towards the lens) it will be in the same position as the film. DON'T put the cement in front of the ground glass - hold it down from the back with a bead of bathtub caulk. Cost me about $25, and works as good as my Century Crown Graphic. E-mail me if you have more questions.



Share This Page