Bug Reports Part 1: the list (expanded version)

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by Leslie Reid, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am unable to use the conversation feature. I am trying to contact a member. I am doing it correctly. I am even selecting the member's name from the directory, yet it says he doesn't exist. I know he exists because he is posting and he is posting messages on my comments. What do I do to contact him?

2. Please also add that all images are no longer loading in Photos View. This used to work and I have tried a refresh from the server but will not load any further than one particular image.

3. I am also using Google Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 and reports that it is up-to-date

4. When I'm on my "profile page" (www.photo.net/444143), and not logged in, I can view all the posts, critiques etc. That is maybe not a bug, but with the old site, I think it wasn't possible to get all the data from the profile page for a random user who hasn't logged in. But this surely is some kind of bug; when clicking the "comments", with the old photos which was uploaded before the conversion, it shows the title of the photo and whatever a user wrote when putting the photo up for the critique, but the title and the text are together and it makes it a mess. For example this way "dirty I was walking around and testing my new lens and I found a dirty truck..." The first dirty-word here is the title and then there is the text I wrote when putting it for the critique.

5. I thought I replied to this but here it is again: I amusing Chrome
    Version 56.0.2924.87

6. If it's loading up to a particular image and not beyond that, try scrolling down to the bottom of the loaded images and click on the orange bar that says "Load more images." You should be able to page through the entire set that way, and once you've done it for the whole set, you should be able to scroll through the whole set without paging through. Please let me know if that doesn't work so I can figure out if there's something else going on.

7. G-P

G-P Administrator Staff Member

"Get link" has been added to all galleries and photos for those challenged with the copy and paste of a link.

8. G-P

Equipment lists are in our database and will be provided to all that used that function - the use of this function was discontinued from v1 due to the fact so few people used it. As soon as the dev team can, they will be making that information available to those that are "active users" that are also in need of this information.

thomasb likes this.
  9. G-P

You are on a photo site viewing many photos so it stands to reason that data will be consumed. If you are having issues with your data plan its best to only view the internet in general when you are on wifi, the you can consume to your hearts content with no worries of data.

10. Actually, the problem that Norman Naffington is referring to is something that a lot of us ran into during the first few days on the site: when we logged onto the site, the browser would go into an infinite refresh cycle, making the screen appear to flicker and making the site essentially unavailable. For most of us this was solved by removing all photonet cookies. The problem returned for some people, requiring multiple cookie deletions, and it apparently cannot be solved by deleting cookies on some ios devices. I think the basic problem probably lies in one of the cookies that the site occasionally downloads. It might be useful to check the dates for the first reports of the problem and see if some new kind of cookie was introduced right about then.

11. G-P

Thank you for clarifying - we haven't been able to replicate to diagnose. Will keep trying though.

12. G-P

Dev Team is saying:
    it's not a cookie issue, it's a cached redirect. For anyone who has that problem, ask them to try incognito mode in Google Chrome - and see if the issue persists. If that is it, then they can clear the cached redirect.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  13. Thanks, Glenn! I've added it to the how-to thread

14. Leslie - All my favorite photos have now disappeared. I'm greeted by a message that informs me I have no favorite photos. I'm trying to stay calm but it does seem like one thing after another. Edit to add: There seems to be some sort of a system wide snafu since I can no longer view individual pictures in my library either. I wish they'd let us know what's going on.

15. I'm guessing it's a temporary glitch, because they are still present on your public profile home page (click on your name at the top of this screen, then on "your profile page", then on "home page" on the left side of that screen. They're under "favorites.") I'm guessing you were accessing them via your portfolio page? I'll try experimenting with that.

16. Thanks, Leslie, everything seems to be working normally again. Maybe they were putting in a new server or something.

17. Can only load my individual photos so far as it again stops on what either appears as a fixed number of images or a specific point. When I open the Chrome Developer Tools all the images will load in the left column/page! Clearing the cache does not help or change anything in a normal browsing mode. Firefox works fine and displays all photos. Console info from Developer Tools:
    Uncaught Error: appNoRootNode -- Please include an element with the id of cp-store-root!
    at f (cpopstore.js?bust=1487758353674:1)
    at e (cpopstore.js?bust=1487758353674:1)
    at window.thirdPartyReadCookie (cpopstore.js?bust=1487758353674:1)
    at cookie-check.canvaspophq.com/step2.js.php:1
    app.min.js?version=2017-02-22T04:00:00:6377 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'objectId' of undefined
    at renderGallery (app.min.js?version=2017-02-22T04:00:00:6377)
    at Object.success (app.min.js?version=2017-02-22T04:00:00:5484)
    at c (jquery.min.js:4)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.min.js:4)
    at k (jquery.min.js:6)
    at XMLHttpRequest.r (jquery.min.js:6)

19. Noticed that my account membership status is Basic "Free" now with a 100 photo limit? I have been a paying member for almost 11 years and actually have 708 photos on the site. How did this occur?

20. G-P

sending you a DM, but short answer is your plan expired - the renewal reminder is likely in your spam folder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.