Bug in Photoshop Elements?

When I have several images open in Photoshop Elements 2018 in Expert mode and I go to File/Print, the image highlighted in white in the Photo Bin gets printed, not the image I selected and worked on in the work area.

To complicate matters, there are different highlight modes in the Photo Bin: a white border inside a blue border, a white border or a blue border.

Confusing? Yes! Making sense? Not to me!

Any constructive feedback is very welcome!

Straight from the Photoshop Elements User Guide: "To print an already open photo, choose File > Print." Nope, that's incorrect. If another photo is highlighted in the Photo Bin, that photo will be printed, not the already open photo.

When somebody asks a specific question, it would be professional and polite to try to give a specific answer, rather than throw some stuff out.

Straight from the URL you may not have read (or may have misunderstand Select Photos, plural):

• Select photos in the Photo Bin (CO_ProjectBin_32x32_N.png). Use Ctrl-click (Command-click in Mac OS) to select multiple photos from the Photo Bin and choose File > Print

IF you're sure this is a bug and I'm sure you are sure, now you know who to contact. It isn't anyone here in the forums.

When somebody provides a specific answer, it would be professional and polite to try the specific answer, from those who wrote the application, rather than throw some stuff out at those who didn't.

Edited by digitaldog

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

"the image highlighted in white in the Photo Bin gets printed"

As they should! White is selected! No white, not selected.

Photo Bin (Browser). All three images ARE selected so they DO show up in Print dialog. Select ONE, only one shows up in Print. Select two, those two show up in Print Dialog

Photo Bin isn't Print dialog! Photo Bin is a filmstrip.

"To complicate matters, there are different highlight modes in the Photo Bin: a white border inside a blue border, a white border or a blue border."

White and blue: First selected. White, also selected (TOO). No outline, NOT selected. Got nothing to do with what gets printed, that's specified IN the Print dialog as seen below. With the red stroke with the name Print in that dialog.

What gets printed is decided in PRINT DIALOG!!!

Select (BLUE) to REMOVE image from queue so you don't make a print. Command Select (Mac) to remove more than one for print.

http://digitaldog.net/files/ElementsPrintDialogandBin.jpg

http://digitaldog.net/files/ElementsPrintDialogandBin.jpg

Confusing? No! Making sense, Yes? To me!

Edited by digitaldog

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

The user manual section on printing photos aligns with my logical expectation that when there are several images in the workspace, the active image will get printed. It states that one of the things you can do to print a photo is to chose File>Print to print an already open image. It doesn't say that the Photo Bin is going to interfere.

So that's the issue. When you dig deeper you will find other sections of the manual that help you work around this issue, but an issue it is, no matter how you are trying to whitewash it.

I don't need the manual. I downloaded the actual product and showed how the product actually works. Simple. Like the ACR Histogram and how it clips highlights, Elements Bin and Print dialog work as expected by those who understand how they both works. There is no issue other than a misunderstanding by someone who also thinks it's a bug.

When you dig deeper into the product, you'll see this is how it works. As designed. No issue. No matter how you are trying to whitewash it with assumptions and misunderstandings you think are bugs. :(

As for logical expectations....

Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.

-Laurence J. Peter

Let the whitewashing continue...

Let the facts be denied.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Søren Kierkegaard

The only error is your misunderstandings, and assumption of bugs.

IF you are so sure, as you are about everything, file a bug report with Adobe as you were told how to do.

I'm sorry the facts have ruined your day.

Maybe someone else will post misinformation about the product that aligns with your conformation bias.

As is so often the case where you ask a technical question who's answer does not jive with what you incorrectly believe this back and forth is pointless CWOBaT (colossal waste of bandwidth and time).

I provided multiple sets of data and facts you can't accept or understand.

You are on your own bud.

"If you want a wise answer, ask a reasonable question." -Johann von Goethe

Will you guys please behave...

I've attempted to provide facts, URL's that

and how, if someone finds a real bug, to report it to Adobe.

I can't behave any better than providing said facts.

Should we all turn off notifications from fact deniers and this thread? Yes.

Should this all be shut down and ignored? Yes.