Bronica RF645 at Night

gerald_di_giampaolo

I just returned 2 days ago from visiting family in Las Vegas. I had my RF645 with and everything I used it for turned out very nicely. Most of my walking around "tourist" shots were done with a 35mm RF, mostly with a 35mm ?2 lens but I enjoy the Bronica for people shots and it found the most duty in that regard. I normally use an incident meter but didn't even bring it as I thought I could rely on in-camera metering for things. As it turned out, with a little common sense on odd lighting situations, virtually everything turned out as hoped and expected.

The 65 worked for most everything. I expected to need the wide angle more but everything is so well separated that I didn't use it. The 65 seemed just right and didn't include so much of the throngs of people but handled subjects that I was interested in. I got talked into riding the Big Shot on top of the Stratosphere by my son. Everything I face in life from this point on will seem quite tame and manageable because of it!

From my experience when using my Bronica RF645, i found that when taking nightshot, you know the max shutter is 8s under any mode unless you turn the dial to B shutter.

In my case, when i do have any cable on hand, it will secured it on tripod and using timer to trigger the shutter for 8s, then press ME again and timer again for an additional 8s.

I find that the camera's internal light meter tends to underexpose night scene, so i double it as bracketing and the double shutter speed frame is much better.

Personally, when i use this RF645, i will leave my light meter at home.

Norris

• 3 weeks later...