Bronica ETRS

dxphoto

Hi I am thinking of buying a bronica etrs camera. Is it necessary to

buy a regular prism if you already have an AE one?

And which one is better, the used bronica or new mamiya 645, besides

the fact of used and new?

Thanks.

Your question is impossible to answer as stated.

Better for what? What do you intend to use the camera for? What are your preferences?

Have you looked at either in a camera store? Do you have any specific questions, based on

the research and web-searching you've already done?

D--The AE prism is the same as the 'regular' prism except it's a little larger and has a light meter. Some people use 120 film in the 220 back, others claim the pressure plate will loosen a little over time and 220 film will not be held as flat as possible. The Bronica lenses tend to cost more because there is an electronic shutter in each lens. These lenses have come down a good bit in price.

If you are familiar enough with photography to use 'stop down metering' you can use Ukrainian and East German Pentacon-6 mount lenses with an adapter on the Mamiya 645. They are excellent values but their build quality is a little less.

Hi -<br><br>

I have a Bronica ETRSi system, which I enjoy a lot. Having said that - if I had to start right now, I'd go with the Mamiya, simply because MAMIYA IS STILL IN BUSINESS. Mamiya makes great gear and is adapting to digital work; Tamron/Bronica just folded up shop. The only reason to go with Bronica now are the low prices that result when people dump their gear. So, unless you're getting a system for peanuts, go with Mamiya.

<br><br>Heller<br><a href="http://www.hollywoodscriptanalysis.com">HollywoodScriptAnalysis.com</a>