Bronica etrs, shutter sticking?

paul_clayton

I have a Bronnie etrs, with 75mm lens, prism and speedgrip.

Sometime when I take a picture, the shutter does not reset straight

away, and I cannot wind on. Sometimes I have to wait 5 minutes or

more. Any idea on what's happening. Please bare with me, I am new

to medium format.

Paul

I don't remember what shutter interlocks the ETRS has, so you might have to try this a few different ways. You want to be able to see the shutter open and close by looking through an open back with the film insert removed. Push the multi-exposure lever so you can fire the shutter with no film.

Set the shutter speed to 1/60 and fire it while looking through the back. If the shutter sticks open for much, much longer than 1/60 sec, the lens needs a CLA service.

I had a CLA service performed in early 2005 on a 40mm Bronica lens with a sticking shutter at:

Pro-Camera and Video Services, Inc. 5303 Broadview Rd. Parma, OH 44134 Tel: 216-661-8666 Fax: 216-661-0129

They are listed as an authorized repair center at the Bronica/Tamron web site. It cost me about $160 and the work was excellent. I received my lens back in about two weeks with a detailed list of the work performed on it. I'd use them again.

Given the falling prices of ETR lenses on eBay, it might be cheaper to look for another lens, but then again, you might end up back where you started.

Are you getting the red confirmation light in the viewfinder when you push the battery check button? Its just to the rear of the shutter speed dial. The red led is in the viewfinder almost next to the pushbutton. This same red led also acts as the shutter closing signal. Watch the red led when you trip the shutter, it should flash to confirm the shutter has closed. My first thought is a weak battery.

yes i get the red LED, and it also shows when the shuuter closes. once the shuuter has closed and the red LED goes off, I cannot wind on the film, the speed grip winder just wont move. I have to wait for several minutes untill I hear a very faint click from the camera. Once I hear this click, I can wind on as normal.