Bronica 180mm and 50-100mm for SQ

m_m7

<p>Hi.Just got a Bronica SQ-A with a nice macro lens.I want to complement it with few more lenses.Took a look at KEH used epartment and saw a nice zoom 50-100mm with asph glass and the 180mm f4.5.<br>

They stand up in price compared with the others.Has anybody any experience with those?When looked on the web saw few things about the 180mm lens(very close focusing-ideal for portarit work) but almost nothing about the zoom.One place was claiming that they were made by Schneider!<br>

Thank you ,<br>

Mihail</p>

<p>I may be wrong but I don't think the 50-100 zoom was a Schneider. The two zooms that I know were Schneider Ks were the 75-15- and 140-280. They were made for both the bronica and the Hassie. The reason I know these two are S/Ks is that I have them both ):-) and they are great lenses but I have to tell you...take your wheaties before you go hiking with them!!!<br>

Tim</p>

<p>180mm lens is rare and few people have used it. It is very sharp lens and has 1 m minimum focus distance which is really nice for portrait work. I compared it with hasselblad CF 180 side by side and they are very close in most aspects. This is the lens you should get one. I like following PS lens, 40PS, 65PS, 110 PS (F4.5 1:1) and 180PS.</p>

• 1 month later...
<p>I happen to have found a brand new 180mm PS recently (new old stock in Holland). It had never left it's packaging after leaving the factory and it was cheap! Personally I prefer this model over both the 135mm and 150mm because it focuses closer and it's a little longer. Therefore it can make very nice close-up's of faces with a shallow DOF without the use of light sucking extention tubes or image quality degrading close-up lenses. Compared to other medium format tele lenses I don't find it very big or heavy. I have not found the time to test it, but from what I've read this lens should be a great performer. Build quality is excelent. All metal and smooth like butter operation. This is the one you want for (close-up) portrait work.</p>