cory_reynolds

Hello everyone, I was wondering if any of you have brought your DSLR cameras

with to a MLB game? I might be going to the SF Giants at the end of the month

and thinking of bringing my nikon D70s with me. On the sfgiants.com , it states

it is okay to bring cameras in the ball park. For those that have brought your

camera with you, was there any hassles getting into mlb ball parks with your

camera? Thanks for any feedback.

Cory

I brought an E-500 and 14-54mm to Yankee Stadium last year. They made me turn it on

when entering the park, and, occasionally, security guards asked me to move along after

I'd taken a shot. Ultimately it was no big deal, and, in fact, I spent much of the game

taking photos to make a book for my father.

Most parks will not allow "professional" equipment, which can usually be read as "big white

lenses" and such, which is why I selected that discreet body / lens combo.

The final decision as to what is appropriate will rest with the folks at any given stadium,

however.

I've had no problems bringing a Nikon D200 and 70-200 vr and a Nikon D200 w 18-200 vr zoom to the Metrodome (insert joke here)... As with Robert - the security guard did make me turn it on at the gate...but no issues with anyone once inside, and I'd consider the 70-200 vr to be pro level.

Only things I haven't tried to bring in is a flash and /or a monopod.

Dave

Always take my 40D and 70-200 to Toronto Blue Jays games with no problem. Last week, took the 40D with my 200-500 on it and no problems getting in. That's a pretty honkin big lens when closed down and hood off - about 13.5", I think.

Only problem that day was it was a literal last-hour invite to the game and I didn't check my batteries and they were deader than a doorknob, so no shots anyway.

I've brought 40D, 70-200 and 17-40 into both Dodgers Stadium and Angels Stadium. The security at the door are more concerned about outside food and drinks than the camera equipment. Every stadium seem to have a different restriction on bag size, so be sure you find out about that. I've seen people turned away at Dodgers Stadium for bags that is too big.

As far as inside the stadium goes, never had any trouble. As long as you are not blocking any aisle and isn't trying to get a "free" seat upgrade, the ushers pretty much leave you alone.

The real hard part is juggling the food, drinks and camera while trying to enjoy the game.

Wow, I am surprised Angel stadium let you in. But they are more concerned about outside food more than anything.

For the Giants, I have wondered the same thing. But have you noticed how badly they are trying to sell seats. I'm guessing hey wouldn't mind.

• 3 months later...

I checked out this thread prior to going to the Angels Yankees game at Angel stadium today. I was told that the stadium

will not let any lenses greater than 6" through the security check point.

<br></br>

<br>I had no problems bringing a 5D w/ battery pack, a

100-400mm EF Lens, and a 24-105 EF Lens.</br>