Bright vertical line in centre of all images

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>My Exilim EX-H10 has suddenly started creating a bright line down the center of al my photos!</p>

<p>Can anyone help me? I really liked this camera and only just bough it about 4 months ago but unfortunately I purchased the camera while on holiday overseas so cant claim warrant very easily.</p>

<p>I have no idea what the problem might be, any help would be appreciated, even if only to avoid getting ripped off by the repair agent :)</p>

<p>Thanks in advance...</p>

<p> </p><div>00Vb3L-213689584.JPG.d5baba33c61c554c03aaa67bdeb2b9ad.JPG</div>

<p>Bad sensor. The entire column of pixels would feed through the same amplifier (part of the sensor chip), which apparently has gone kapoot. I don't think it's a bad connection to the sensor chip, because that would probably create a pattern of vertical lines. </p>

<p>Depending on how much trouble you're willing to go through, you MIGHT be able to shoot pictures with all sharpening turned off and then shift the righthand side of the picture over by 1 pixel to eliminate the gap. Apply sharpening only in postprocessing. You might not notice. You could also use a scratch healing tool in postprocessing, but I bet you'd see that for something extending across the entire frame.</p>

<p>Cute kitty, BTW. She(?) looks very much like mine. :-)</p>