Bridge CS6 unable to purge Cache

<p>I currently have PS and Bridge CS6 and this keeps locking up on startup with error message:<br /> "Bridge encountered a problem and is unable to read the cache. Please try purging the central cache in Cache Preferences to correct the situation."<br /> its not allowing me to purge cache as it locks up immediately with "building Criteria" message running continuously .<br /> I have had this setup for over 12 months. There was a gradual loss of performance a few weeks before this happened. I purged the cache earlier but no improvement with Bridge Crashing frequently.<br /> Anyone had this problem or can offer a solution?<br /> <br /> I am running CS6 on MAC mini OS10 with i7 processor 16gb Ram 1.2 GB Fusion and multiple hard drives.<br /> The Fusion drive has 110GB free all others are USB3 or FW800 with ample free space.</p>

<p>My experience with Purging Cache through Bridge CS5.1 Preferences is that it doesn't work as you've found out.</p>

<p>I had the constantly "thumbnail extracting" (rebuilding) spinning ball icon going on in the background while editing in ACR 7.6. The only way I could stop this was to select "Prefer Embedded (Faster)" and attempt to purge the cache which of course doing it through Preferences didn't work.</p>

<p>I had to click on every image folder in my Mac's User Account Picture folder and invoke through Bridge's Purge Folder Cache under the Tools>Cache>menu. Now when I click on each folder there is no updating at all except when I click on each individual image which is the way it worked in Bridge CS3, one of the reasons that kept me from using CS5 even though I paid for the upgrade.</p>

<p>This Adobe forums discussion I posted in might offer other solutions...</p>

<p>http://forums.adobe.com/message/6482270#6482270</p>

<p>I use Bridge™ 5.1 and I have no trouble with purging cache at all. Just select a folder then <strong>Tools</strong>><strong>Cache</strong>><strong>Purge Cache for folder</strong>... Usually takes only a few seconds.<br>

Or am I misunderstanding what you're trying to do?</p>