Bridge CR2 Raw files

<p>When I select a CR2 file in Bridge and try to open it in Camera Raw in Photoshop I get the message in the attached Screen Shot.When I am in Photoshop I can go to my menu and select the file from my hard drive and it will open in Camera Raw . Problem is I do not get a thumbnail of my file before I select it. I can select the file in mini bridge and it will open in Photoshop Camera Raw. My software can read Raw files but I can't open them with bridge. I dont know how to post my screen shot so here is what it says.<br>

Camera Raw editing is not enabled<br>

Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature. </p><div>00d0YZ-553223584.JPG.d91a04abd2b0bf1e9d64888a8e02a439.JPG</div>

<p>Usually, Bridge and Photoshop just work this out on their own.<br>

Try right clicking on the thumbnail and choosing "Open in Adobe Camera Raw" and then see if thereafter the "launched at least once" criterion is met.<br>

On my setup, just clicking on a CR2 file brings up ACR. If PS is not running, it starts it up when I click on a thumbnail of a CR2 file.</p>

<p>Thanks for you reply JDM.<br>

When i right click on a CR-2 image in Bridge . I get three options.<br>

OPEN<br />OPEN WITH<br />OPEN IN CAMERA RAW<br>

When I click on Open nothing happens.<br>

When I click on Open With -COM Surrogate 6.1 default comes up<br>

When I click on Camera Raw I get the Camera Raw is not enabled message</p>

<p>ACR can be called by either or both Photoshop and Bridge. Even at the same time. So IF ACR runs properly in Photoshop but not Bridge (which I never use), I suspect the first tactic would be to reinstall Bridge. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>It's clear, then, that your copy of Bridge has not found where ACR is. Another voice for a re-install of Bridge, if your copy of PS is 'aware'. It's a crude sort of answer, but it might work.</p>

<p>In my installation of Bridge, the "double click" option is NOT chosen in the general preferences, so I don't think that is the problem.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Looks like I will have to reinstall the software.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You <em>may</em> need to run the uninstaller first. Unfortunately you can’t do that for Bridge alone so IF a reinstall alone doesn’t work, you’ll need to clean out the entire enchilada including Photoshop which has an uninstaller. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)