Bridal Show Setup

andre_t1

Hello all,

I am doing my first bridal show in a month. I'm going to print some large

images and my question is where do I place them in my booth?

Booth size is 10'x10' with an 8' skirted table.

Should i place them on top of the table and put plexiglass on top? Or should I

mount them in the back? But if I do that, where do I mount them to?

Also I will have a flat lcd tv for slideshows.

Any other tips you guys have about setup would be appreciated.

Thank you

Andre,

I just did a small local bridal expo and have pictures of it on myspace blog. If you want to take a look here is the link.It is a blog on the left side ...it says bridal expo 2008 click on it.

My main advise is don't sit down. Stand up and great each person with a hello and engage them in conversation while giving them your business card. I also had a drawing for a free engagement session for them to sign up for. It gives you time to visit with them.I will probably choose 6-7 and shoot them in hopes of booking their wedding.I had lots of prints on the table for them to look at and a small album that I offer. I didn't do a slide show this year as I didn't want to distract from the large prints on display.I thought it would be to much going on.Good luck...it's a lot of work but fun getting to know all the local vendors. www.myspace.com/elainemariephotography

Elaine

Here's a great idea. I used 2 of these at my show the other day and it's a nice way to create a backdrop of your images.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Deluxe-Tripod-X-Banner-Stand-24-x63-trade-show-display_W0QQitemZ270203644916QQihZ017QQcategoryZ71484QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For about $60, you get the stand and graphic. Just design your artwork in Photoshop at 24" wide x 62" high, output a .tif, and upload it to these folks. The stands go up in a jiffy and break down to a very light small package in a nylon bag.

There are a number of such suppliers on Ebay. Just search for "trade show stand graphic".

We are going more simple this year. Used to haul large red metal grids and suspend a lot of large framed images as well as table top and albums.

This season I am using a yellow backdrop and really higlighting just a few stricking images. In watching people at the shows and then seeing what they recall when they come to the studio it was clear that only 2 or 3 images stood out so those are what we are featuring.

It is easy to go down the road of trying to impress other vendors and loosing track that it is potential clients you are after. To that end I have 2 dramtic bridal portaits one in black and white and one hand colored, an enagement portrait and a full bridal party party fun shot.

Seems to be working. The hand out packet has a price list, an offer and a full color printed piece with ten images. Many of which they will have seen in the booth.

Good luck

Brooke

Well, I just purchased the X-Banner stands themselves at first, and decided to do the graphics myself. I have access to a large format printer, and ordered 2' wide media on a roll to use. Then, I had problems with that particular printer, and had to take the roll and .TIF images of the graphics to a local frame shop that has a better HP large format printer. The graphics came out great, I cut them to length, went to Home Depot and picked up a brass grommet kit, and punched grommets in the 4 corners.

As for this company's graphics, I don't know, but I assume they're pretty good. After all, their entire business is trade show displays. And, the price is certainly cheaper than I paid locally!