Brick Walls

I have been thinking I need to get out with some of my lenses that have been sitting, unshot since the pandemic hit. Thusly, my attention turned to trucking on down to some of my brick walls. Along with the polyspheroid water tower, these are standards of my little "comparisons".

Here is one of the walls of the engineering building - big enough for most any lens

283361376_Canonengineering.jpg.a0fcbe01d7a8e83227d69bc54159dfdd.jpg

Canon EF 100-400mm IS

However, this is nothing - there is room here for real science here

LINK https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2021/04/selecting-the-proper-brick-wall-for-photographic-tests/

By now, some of you may have figured out that this is my way of bringing another LensRentals post to your attention.

Do YOU have a favorite brick wall?

• Like 1

Removing a couple of bricks from the wall to perform a “Clang” test is the simplest way to differentiate between Class 2 and Class 3 brick

I'm only guessing, but I suspect that most of the building owners in my area would be mildly annoyed by removing a few bricks from a wall.

One thing is missing from this interesting article: how much practical difference does it make to use a brick that has a relatively monochromatic reflected spectrum?

I'm only guessing, but I suspect that most of the building owners in my area would be mildly annoyed by removing a few bricks from a wall.

One thing is missing from this interesting article: how much practical difference does it make to use a brick that has a relatively monochromatic reflected spectrum?

Remember the original publication date of this blog...

• Like 1