Breech Lock Blarney

rick_janes

<p>Jesus, Mary and holy Saint Joseph that might be offensive to some, but it is feckin funny, ennit?<br>

Nobody ever seems to make fun of us Swedes like that, at least not so's we can understand it...</p>

<p>It does strike me that some people, even more than our parties here on P.net, may have too much free time.</p>

<p>JDM: No Swede-o-pedia that I can immediately find. But at least there is the always useful <a href="http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/jbc/home/chef.html"><strong>Swedish Chef translator tool</strong></a>. And in case somebody grew up without knowing the reference, the Swedish Chef is a cultural and culinary icon known for his showmanship and educational outreach. <a href="
he works on an important national dish.</p>

<p>Humourous article. And I also was a devotee of that camera in the 1980's (I owned two F1-N bodies).<br>

I noticed that the term <em> "feckin' " </em>was used 24 times in the article. As a current resident of Baltimore, the language would have sounded more natural to me if<em> "feckin' " </em>had been replaced with "mother f**king", with that term appearing say 50 times in the article. :-)</p>