Bogen/Manfrotto 3236 Tripod Repair

AJG

<p>I have a Bogen 3236 tripod that has served me well for 15+ years. A couple of months ago the bottom plug for the center column loosened up and fell off and the shims for the center column also fell out. I contacted the importer but they say that they no longer have parts for this. I think I have all of the plastic shims for the column, but I have no idea how to reassemble the tripod. Does anyone know if there is a repair manual out there somewhere for this, or if there is a repair service other than the importer? I bought the equivalent new version, but it doesn't extend as high and doesn't have the right lug for a shoulder strap--one of the reasons I bought the 3236 in the first place, so I would like to repair this one if I can since it is otherwise in good condition. </p>

<p>Bill--I appreciate the offer, but I'm sure that Manfrotto must have an elaborate jig holding in all of the plastic shims while the center column in inserted into the tube, and I would hate for you to lose the use of a good tripod. I think that I still have all of the parts, but the original incident happened on the roof of a building while I was finishing up the last shot of a very hectic commercial job, so I am not positive about that. In another week I'm going to try to see if I can put it back together, and if I succeed, I will post here again.</p>