Blog service for photographers

Hi, I've been working on my web site for a while. I'd like to add blog pages

for my web site. Instead to create my own page with Dreamweaver, I prefer to

use free or low cost blog service to link my web. Since I haven't wrote blog

before, I have no idea what kind of options are available and good for

uploading some photos on the pages. I also like to know which serivice is more

likely to hit Google search. Please give me some recommendation, thank you!

Hi Sunny,

I currently run my own photoblog using the WordPress software (which I installed and configured myself) as well as keeping my photos on flickr. I would not recommend installing your own blog unless you are technically proficient, but you can always use a hosted service like Blogger or WordPress.com.

I am personally a big fan of Flickr as it has allowed me to make a lot of contacts and enjoy the social aspect of photography as well (by sumbitting photos to groups, joining in discussions, leaving comments). You might consider using Flickr instead of a blog, as I know some photographers do. You can also incorporate the flickr photos into your own site with a little bit of code so people can find them that way too.

Cheers,

Dalton

<p>The simplest and easiest way is to get a blogger.com site. These are free and very

easy to manage. If I didn't already have my blog somewhere else (<a

href="http://www.gdanmitchell.com/">www.gdanmitchell.com</a>) that's the route I'd

go. In fact, when I recently switched hosts I <i>did</i> use a blogger site in the interim.

<p>Wordpress is also fine if your hosting company provides it or if you want to set up a

free site at wordpress.com. It has more features, but most users find it a bit less intuitive.

<p>I second the positive words about Flickr, though I would mainly use it as my image

repository and use a different tool to do the blogging.

<p>Good luck!

<p>Dan

Thank you for your help. I just signed up to Blogger. It was easy to set up, and I like the way that I can customize the colors, etc.

I also signed up Flicker a few days ago. I need to add more photos... I'm still working on it.

I know English is my second language, I usually have a proof reading before publish it. (except Photo.net posting, I'm sure there are some errors.)

Thank you for your suggestions.