Black Rapid Tether Kit

stephen_doldric

Straps are like camera bags. There is no perfect bag for all situations. Ditto with camera straps, just not as severe as camera bags in that

you can usually find a strap you can live with.

If you have seen any other of my posts I'm a huge fan of black rapid straps and defend them quite regularly. Mainly in the attachment

point department. But they are also so awesome for event and action shooting. Best strap I have ever used.

This story ends well, but just barely. I must humble myself just a bit as this could have been a very bad story for me.

I usually check the mount point (the tripod mount) fairly regularly ant it's never loosened up. So this week on vacation I must have been

getting too comfortable. attached to my black rapid was my D700 and my 28-300 super zoom. I Shot Highland games all day long. Got

home and as I was siting the camera down on the bed the black rapid strap at the screw in point to the tripod simply detached.

Astonished at first I couldn't figure out what just happened. The screw and threads were just fine. So it loosened up during the day. Lack

of disaster was pure luck and nothing else. My fault for getting lazy and complicit, but also a realization to everyone who thinks it's a bad

way to connect to camera bodies.

Since I love the system, I'm not ready to give it up, but my very next purchase is the tether kit which connects the strap to the body as

well. Holy cow was that 100% pure luck in the timing.

<p>love the strap, but eventually, gravity kicks in, especially with longer lenses. if you configure the strap when not in ready position with the locking carabiners so that the camera sits either a little in front or a little behind your hip, it's less likely to twirl around and detach.</p>

<p>I stopped using the BR or any other such strap. Bad idea overall. I know a lot of people use it, and LOVE it, but for all the blogs / forum entries I've read, I stopped using it myself. I'm sure others will find it great, until some incident happens.</p>

Sridip I still love the system, but I agree it's only a matter of time. My time happened and I was just lucky. That was it,

100% luck in how it ended. I'm sticking with it, but being more carful and adding a tether. Black rapid should consider

adding in a tether with each strap they sell.