Black Rapid RS-DR2 with backpack?

anil_sud

<p>Going on a trip to Cuba and plan to do some street shooting with 2 cameras/lenses. I am thinking about buying the double harness black rapid DR2 system. I would like to wear my camera backpack, (f-stop Anja backpack) while out for the day in order to carry water, raincoat, portable tripod and protection for gear in the event of a sudden heavy rain. Wondering how functional will the double harness system be while wearing a backpack. I'm about 5'6" 155 pounds and am considering the slimmer DR2 system over the bulkier DR-1. As an alternative, I could just get a rear facing fanny pack instead which would work but would be less functional - harder to affix a tripod too and the gear would have to be cushioned with some clothing in the event I have to stash gear during a heavy rain.</p>

<p>I haven't used fancy camera harnesses yet. The obvious problem will be wearing 2 sets of shoulder straps with huge paddings and stuff like buckles on these together although you basically need just one. So the workarounds would be either stitching or riveting the loops in which the camera attachment hooks travel to your existing backpack straps or seeking inspiration from infantry men's rigs on how to attach a back- or daypack to a belt with "Y" suspenders.</p>