I am trying to scan a roll of film I just developed and am having trouble getting a useful image. Many years ago, I used to do my own developing and wet printing, but this is my first time trying to scan the film to print digitally. The film is Ilford HP5+ 35mm, expired in 1995 but kept at a fairly constant -20C the entire time. I bought it fresh back when I did this regularly. The film was exposed for ASA 400, and I processed it in fresh Ilfosol 3 (1:9) and Iflord Rapid Fixer (1:4). Because of the age of the film I increased development time to 9 minutes to compensate for possible decreased sensitivity. The film actually looks slightly overdeveloped but not too bad. The Dev Chart suggests 6.5 minutes for ASA 400 and 13.5 for ASA 800. All liquids were at 21 degrees, I used a big bucket of water for everything to ensure the temperatures never changed between baths. When I try to scan the film on an Epson V100, it comes out with a very dark negative so there is not much range for the actual image, and what I have is very, very grainy so there is no detail in anything. I'm scanning in transparency mode with the built-in holder, 2400 dpi, color positive mode (I tried all the choices and this was actually the best one). I'm attaching a sample file. From top to bottom, it shows a full frame as it came from the scanner, the frame inverted to a positive, my effort to correct it, and an actual pixel crop of the 2400 dpi image.