Big magenta shift converting RAW in Photoshop CS

I have this problem, ever since I upgraded to Photoshop CS I convert my Nikon D100

raw files in CS and they have this huge magenta shift. All the settings are normal, the

color space in camera and in photoshop is AdobeRGB1998. Has anyone had this

problem or know how to fix it? I have included a side by side comparison so you can

see how it looks. The image converted in PS 7 is good, but as you can see the CS

version has a huge magenta shift. Thanks for any help...

I have noticed something similar, although its not a magenta shift, just a 'default' washed out look which converting in Breeze Browser doesn't do, this from a Canon 10d. I think CS still leaves the potential latent in the converted image, to be unearthed with a quick dab of the 'Auto Colour' and 'Auto Levels' buttons. Changes in RAW parameters still produce similar results, albeit with different colour balances etc. Not good for quick workflow.

Hi Blaine,

I shoot an EOS 1D and had similar problems with PS-CS in the shadow areas of my RAW images. Color shifts, noise and weird artifacts when trying to pull up shadow areas or if you look into the deep shadows. There were also color shifts created that could fixed after the RAW converison but who wants to do that?

None of this was a problem when using C1 Pro or YARC+ for RAW conversions. I bought the upgrade for PS 7.01 to CS for the improved image browser, file management, increased high-bit options, potential new "photo" filter use and the ACR plug-in as soon as it was made available for download from Adboe's web site. I worked and worked and worked to get ACR to work well and it worked at best so-so no matter what I did. As released ACR was no better than Breeze Browser for image quality, well behind YARC+ and C1 Pro my usuall RAW work tools.

I saw that there was an ACR 2.1 update, downloaded it and installed it, BAM! I went back and reworked the same image files that I worked on using the first release of the PS-CS ACR plug-in and was really amazed at the improvments in ACR's new found RAW quality. The new ACR 2.1 has fixed most of the problems I saw with the inital release of PS-CS ACR. The color shifts and artifacts are now almost gone 100% if you crank up the color noise reduction to 100% and use the luminance noise reduction carefully. Hey, I had to use all of the color noise reduction but it works now!

I highly recomend downloading and installing the PS-CS ACR 2.1 update you will be impressed with the improvement in your RAW converiosn quality. PS-CS's ACR is still not quite in the same level as C1 Pro but it can now match or beat YARC+ if used with care. Granted PS-CS lacks the high volume workflow capabilities, curves etc. of C1 Pro but for low volume RAW conversion the new ACR 2.1 plug-in is a very good tool for images that are not presenting as "difficult."

Good job Adobe!

HTH