Beware of Kodak Processing from Rockville, MD

jim_richey

I recently receive my third roll of 120 film back from the Kodak Processing Lab in Rockville, MD that had what appeared to be light leaks. I normally would not find this too unusual since I like to use older folding cameras which can sometimes have light leaks around the bellows or red window. I was looking at the film and also the camera to try to find were the leak was occurring. I found it odd that the leak occurred inside the exposed image area and was not consistant frame to frame. It also had a well defined edge on one side. I decided to pull out some film I had processed a few months ago that also had light leaks. When I looked at the older film I noticed that the light leak pattern looked the same. I put one on top of the other and sure enough the patterns match up perfectly. These two rolls of film came from two completely different cameras. Obviously these light leaks occurred during processing, not while the film was in the camera. Either they have a problem with a piece of equipment or it's operator error. I you have your 120 film developed at this lab, just beware that they may come back with what appears to be a light leak. I have not contacted the lab yet to let them know they have the problem, but will do so as soon as I can find their telephone number.