Best Wireless Remote Release for Digital Rebel XT?

Hi,

I'm trying to find a solid, reliable wireless release for my 350D. I tried searching the forums but there wasn't

much of a discussion on how these work or what the best products are. Are there any inexpensive wireless releases

that work most of the time and all you to auto-focus (depress shutter halfway)? I looked on B&H but this thing

didn't seem to have great reviews:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/445041-REG/Dot_Line_RS_RT04_EOS_Wireless_RF_Remote_Release.html

I'd like a remote release for night/landscape/long exposure photography, and figure a wireless one would also

allow me to take self-portraits outdoors (hiking/travelling).

Does anyone have experience with a good one?

Chris

No reason - I guess I didn't come across it. Just checked it out, and it looks like what I'm looking for, thanks.

Do you know if there is a model with a range longer than 16ft? Do these generally allow you to take photos in rapid succession? I know little about these kinds of releases.

Thanks!

Chris

RC-1 made by Canon (on my Rebel XT)

I've had this for about 2 years. I avoid using it; because every time I've needed a remote trigger, I've been frustrated with it's limitations. The trigger has to be held in front of the camera and when I was shooting self portraits with my children, it was very unreliable. It probably only triggered the shutter about 1 out of 4 times. I had to have the trigger in the photo in order to activate the camera.

I would suggest that this remote is ONLY good for close-up self portraits (as long as children are not in the photo). I wanted it for portrait photography to allow me to step away from the camera but I guess I need to upgrade to an add-on system. I can't afford the Pocket Wizard but I might check out the link Summer posted.