BEST WEDDING IMAGE OF 2008 - Photographers WITH MORE THAN THREE (3) YEARS EXPERIENCE - ENTER HERE

think27

<p>PLEASE READ FIRST:</p>

<ul>

<li> For those of you that have been shooting for 1 wedding to 3 years of shooting weddings. </li>

</ul>

<ul>

<li>POST ONE IMAGE ONLY - All categories - no theme - Make it your best/favorite shot. </li>

</ul>

<ul>

<li>500 pixels or less IN WIDTH please (even though you have the ability normally to do 700 pixels or less </li>

</ul>

<ul>

<li>CAPTION! (any photos showing as a link will be deleted and you'll be asked to resubmit) </li>

</ul>

<ul>

<li>DETAILS - Brief info on exposure/lighting/ and othe technical information would be appreciated. </li>

</ul>

<p>Judging - We will consider exposure accuracy, composition, lighting, image quality, technical excellence and other factors such as the impact of the image which could be drama, emotion, beauty humor, etc.<br /> <P>Jeff Ascough, Josh Root and myself are the judges. Prizes will be awarded. One of the prizes is a year membership to photo.net. In the 3 plus year category, the winner will be a featured member on PN's home page. There may be something else but I need to get that info from Josh and I'll let you know.<br /> <P<The two threads will be closed on Monday, Feb 2. Winners will be announced shortly after that - probably on Feb. 4. Thanks... and good luck! Looking forward to seeing some great work.</p><P>Some details such as camera used, camera and flash info, any techniques would be appreciated. <p> No comments on the work shown please. PHOTOS with INFO only. <p>PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT THREAD. THIS THREAD IS FOR EXPERIENCED PHOTOGRAPHERS WITH MORE THAN 3 YEARS UNDER THEIR BELTS.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Here ya go!<br>

Technical details - probably ISO 800, 1/40th of a second at F4, holding an umbrella over my flash since we were outdoors and had no place to bounce flash. Rimlighting provided by videographer behind the brothers (these guys were the groom's and bride's brothers in a Hindu wedding ceremony. There's a tradition where the members of each family greet the corresponding member from the other family before the wedding ceremony starts).<br>

Caption - Hmmm. How about "A Maharashtrian Wedding"...?</p><div>00SDFX-106541684.jpg.b0a26ac80d6ab1d78de613aac48041a4.jpg</div>

<p>One of the last weddings for 2008!</p>

<p>Lovely day!</p>

<p>Her husbano has this Harley.</p>

<p>Used the sun as a veil & hair light. Reflector as the main.</p>

<p>Filled in the background, the golden color fall grass, to cover the entire image in CS4. That's it.</p>

<p>Nice feminine pose 2/3rd's view! Notice how the shoulders are sloped and the face tipped toward the high shoulder. Notice the angle of the body to the camera & camera height. Simple.</p>

<p> </p><div>00SDQZ-106573684.jpg.7be3d2101dd929973bea11e53d0257fa.jpg</div>

<p>

<p >Nikon D80 with Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 lens</p>

<p >Shot at ISO 100, 1/200th @ f/14.0</p>

<p >Shot in Manitoba, Canada on a hot, hot August day! In the words of Pierre Burton, <em>"A true Canadian is one who can make love in a</em><strong><em> </em></strong><em>canoe without tipping." </em> Therefore I offer the caption, "<b>Canadian Newlyweds</b>". :)</p>

</p><div>00SDxS-106703584.jpg.9d95960477a9de22a5c8dd83f16b3b3e.jpg</div>