Best way to wash microfiber cloths?

bob_prichard

I clean mine with liquid dishwashing soap and then rinse it many times to make sure there is no soap residue left. Then I fold it in half, then quarters, so the inside is on the inside, then I squeeze it tightly with a dry towel to absorb as much water as I can. That way there shouldn't be too much minerals from the tap water in the cloth. If I were really paranoid I would also rinse it with distilled water before the final squeezing to remove even more minerals.

Greg

I put a few drops of Tide into a large Tupperware container, fill with water and cloths, seal

tightly and shake the hell out of it for about two minutes or so. Remove top, drain out soapy

water, place container under tap and let fresh water run over cloths and over top of container

untill the water runs clear (no more visible suds), which is usually less that about 45 sec.

Perfect results, everytime!

• 2 years later...
<p>Unless you like leaving a white film on your glass, don't wash in any kind of soap.<br /> <br /> I run mine under lukewarm water, wring them out, then run them through again, doing this a few times. Once I am satisfied, I hang them to dry. Microfiber is pretty tough, plus the water runs right through it, so this does the job pretty well.</p>