Best tripod for under $100

joey_watt

I agree with the suggestions for the Bogen/Manfrotto model(3001/190); I have one and love it. However, something in your question and/or the other answers urges me to point out that you will need to buy a separate head to use with this tripod. Perhaps your best bet for quality and low cost would be the 3262QR ball head or the low-end three axis pan head (don't know the number). It will be worth you shelling out the extra few dollars over most tripods with built-in heads. (Also, try to buy used if you can.)

Well, I have read some answers here and thought: does nobody here even know wooden tripods from the german manufacturer Berlebach? They are lighter and cheaper than all metal and most carbon tripods, affordable and have a very long life - and they are cheaper than any carbon tripod. And if you ever took photos at very low temperatures your fingers will notice a big difference between metal and wood. But the best is: it's a special wood that eliminates vibrations much faster than any other material. I don't know whether such tripods are available in your country, but they are really worth a look.

• 2 weeks later...