best telephoto lense for canon T1i

<p>My husband flies a trike(ultralight aircraft) and he wants me to fly with him and take pictures from the air. I am looking at purchasing a Canon T1i camera and would like to know what would be a good telephoto lense for pictures in flight and also good for landscape photos.</p>

<p>What do you mean by telephoto?? You're not going to be very high up in a trike so maybe wide angle would be more appropriate? If you want to take a nice landscape photo from the air you'll want something wide angle but if you want to take a photo of someone's dog in their back yard from 500ft then a tele zoom could be the ticket. Image Stabiliser would be helpful because of the vibration. From 500 ft a 70-300 would probably be a great lens</p>

<p>I suggest purchasing the TI1 with the two kit lenses: 18-55 IS and 55-250 IS. You should be able to get a package deal. Use the 18-55 for landscape and the 55-250 to zoom in on the ultralight.</p>

<p>While two lenses are not at convenient as a superzoom (e.g. 18-200 IS), they offer far superior optics. Both lenses are quite sharp. This'll be a very versatile setup allowing you to shoot a very wide range of subjects. Enjoy.</p>