best tape for reloading bulk film

<p>I have some used color film cartriges with a short tonge of film sticking out.<br>

I need dx coded cartriges as some cameras have dx coding.<br>

Is there a strong/sticky tape that will keep the film attached to that little tongue?</p>

<p>Years ago , it was not as critical because I could wrap the tape around the spool.<br>

now, with hard staked cartriges, I must attaqch the bulk film differently.<br>

also most newer cameras are motorized.<br>

any thoughts.</p>

<p>well I thught I had sent a post.<br>

BUT due to my very poor eyes I could not find it.<br>

I went back ad searched again, and fould and read it.<br>

I had convinced myself that I had not left a posting. or that it had been moved.<br>

the nudge was proper.<br>

I liked the answer.<br>

Many years ago I used a LOT of film.<br>

and used scotch taps-- but wrpped around the spool.<br>

at that time Kodak used a very sticky taps.<br>

but out here in the woods, many items are either hard to find or unavailable.<br>

I will purchase some snap-cap cartriges and inquire at porter's camera store to see if I can get some dx coding labls.<br>

the Mirand as and the canon a and t saeries ( I think) allow me to set the ISO manually.<br>

</p>

<p>DX is an interesting question. Snap-cap is from the days before DX.</p>

<p>I have some cartridges, I believe from Freestyle, that have DX coding, though I have to be sure that I put the right film in them. </p>

<p>You could cover metal DX contacts with tape. The codes are easy to find. </p>

<p>I suppose one could polish off the paint and expose metal on other ones. Or use metallic tape.</p>

<p>Most of the cameras I use respooled film in don't know about DX.</p>

-- glen

<p>for most of my better cameras, they were made before dx coding.<br>

so i set them manually.<br>

many of the newer simpler cameras DEFAULT to iso 100. and my bulk film is iso 100.<br>

some default to a different speed. the Pentax espio, 120mi as an example goes to asa 25 ) i remember that film)<br>

strangely a few cameras will set with DX contacts to several speeds often 100/200/.400<br>

and some will set iso 50 but not 64.. the last iso 64 film was Kodachome. RWO has a iso 64 B&W film according to what I read.<br>

I reminise too muchj.<br>

I klnow 126 cameras never worked well with slide film.<br>

we used Kodachome ONCE in my wife's Yashica ezmatic electronic.<br>

terrible results. any old 35mm manual camera worked better.<br>

the argus c3 aND THE fUJICA CLASSIC iv( $15.00 NEW)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>This mob in the uk sells DX coded labels for blank 35mm cartridges. They work well.. I have used the 400 version to date.<br>

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/film/bulk-b-w-film/c39 <br>

P.S. not affiliated, just a happy customer.</p>

<p>On the subject of what tape I use.... FWIW..I use Gaffa tape (or your local equivalent) as it is so damn sticky I can get away with the smallest piece. No risk of the film coming away at the end of the roll. Usually I have about 6mm (1/4" or so) on each of the the spool and the film - so about 1/2" total length.<br>

Samples below...</p>

<p> </p><div>00dnjv-561417684.JPG.f2da7147b908de18c0f4c51a7af41929.JPG</div>

I use blue color painters tape, 2" width. Most home centers carry it. I cut about a 1/2" and the 2" is enough length to stick

on the film and wrap around the film cassette. So far, the blue painters tape hasn't left a residue on the film. I bought the

3M brand. Works for me, hope it helps you!