Best Places to shoot Night View of Manhattan Skyline

masaaki_watase

<p>I am planing to visit New York in late December, and my long time dream, capturing beautiful night view of Manhattan skyscrapers will come true. I need some suggestions as to where I should go for that. I've learned that Empire Fulton State Park and Brookly Bridge Park are good for the shots with Brookly Bridge, which I will definately try. Any other good place? Please advise. Thanks!!</p>

<p>Thanks, guys!<br>

Yes, I was thinking about the view from higher ground as well. I will try Top of the Rock. Thank you, David.<br>

I will definately try to go to New Jersey side, too. Hamilton Park in Jersey City looks good, but wonder it is located like a hilltop, and it can be a little too far from Manhattan....???</p>

<p>How can you miss the Empire State Building? Shooting downtown to the Wall Street area skyscrapers and the WTC new tower going up (it's closing in on 100 floors I think), or dozens of views of the midtown bldg area. Plus you get to say you went to the Empire State Bldg. where King Kong made his last stand. Woo. Woo.</p>

<p>Round the back of the Exchange Place PATH station right on the riverfront on the Jersey side. As far as i'm concerned thats the best sunset and later skyline opportunity in New York. One stop from the WTC station. I have to say that I've got more nice photographs from ESB than from Rockefeller, though I prefer the process of getting into the latter. Equally for the price of a drink the view from the cocktail baron the 37th? floor of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel at Columbus Circle is great too.</p>