Best places to photograph in Atlanta?

haley_mongeon

<p>

<p >So I'm doing my friend's senior pictures and have kind of exhausted the good photography locations around my area.</p>

<p >So I was wondering, does anyone know of any good places for photography in or around Atlanta? Any information would be helpful, like if you know of any fantastic abandoned buildings or fields, or just parks or something<br />In return I shall give you my favorite photography spot I have happened upon in my adventures :) <br />http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs100.snc4/36362_402670716226_504716226_4916122_7746153_n.jpg (taken by me)<br />This is the New Manchester Mill in Sweetwater Park, Lithia Springs. If you are ever in Atlanta, this is a must for photo op <br />My friend Ian (dude in picture) and I ventured up there last week and it was the most beautiful thing in the world.</p>

<p >Thanks so much for your help guys!</p>

</p>

<p>An interesting place to photograph your friend may be at the zoo. The grounds have a pretty spectacular bamboo 'forest', at least as best as I can recall. Not being from the area I really only know of a few of the more touristy spots. You could do something with 'Stone Mountain in the background (I would think you would have to carefully work in the right time of day to do that image)..<br>

Sorry, can't be of more help.</p>

<p>Oops, my original answer neglected the fact that these were senior portraits! Sorry about that.<br /> The botanical gardens adjacent to Piedmont Park would be my first choice. It does cost something to get in. I used to go there with a macro and telephoto with closeup accessories to do shots of bugs and flowers, but there is really nice landscaping for portraiture. </p>

<p>I've never been there but the <strong>Oakland Cemetery</strong> in Atlanta is supposed to be a great spot for photos. Maybe not so much for Senior Portraits... but you never know. If you're up for a drive to the north there's<strong> Amicalola State Park</strong> and Waterfall. I'm sure there's also some places around <strong>Lake Lanier</strong>, again haven't been there myself yet...<br />PS - Welcome to Photo.net!</p>