Best Place to Meet Nikon F Fans Online?

<p>Over time, Nikon's first SLR has become my favorite classic camera. I enjoy tinkering with it, handling a few interesting used samples, and researching its evolution online. While I tend to favor black camera models in general, I find the standard chrome F very attractive - it escapes the gaudy look of modern chrome cameras, or perhaps its just age and wear that gives it a nice appearance - I wonder if there is an evolution of the type of chrome and metal combinations on classic cameras. In jest, I say that this camera serves as my Tums for G.A.S., as its simplicity, modularity, viewfinder/screen experimentation, intellectual study of its evolution, fun relatively low cost acquisition, old lenses with large smooth focus rings, and physical comfort, really does give me peace.</p>

<p>Its a shame that Nikon's rangefinder of similar body design has become a collectable and so much more expensive on the market, as it would serve as nice contrast to the F. <br>

<br>

As I research the Nikon F and classic cameras in general, a few sites stand out over time, like Stephen Gandy's wonderful Cameraquest (a deep black hole to forget the rest of life), Richard De Stoutz' interesting Nikon F Collection & Typology, Mir.com, Rolands Nikon pages (photosynthesis), as well as forums like the beautiful Photo.net, Fred Miranda's endless strings, and the surprisingly intelligent Rangefinder Forum (RFF) from Stephen Gandy once again.</p>

<p>I am looking for individuals that would consider the Nikon F as a lifetime favorite classic camera, and enjoy sharing their journey with others - those that are not embarrassed to discuss the most minute details about this model. If you have an idea as to the likely place where these folks hang-out online or as a group gathering, I would value your suggestions. <br>

<br>

</p>

<p>By the way, if you have ever been inside a Nikon F, you may find part of the reason why it's such a great machine. The level of workmanship and finish is uncanny. I've taken apart a few old cameras, some of them pretty nice, but the F is a high class piece of work right down to the cleanly finished little gears and tiny ball bearings.</p>