Best place to buy

mike_rutledge1

<p>The two biggest names are probably B&H and Adorama, though there are a number of other sources that folks have had success with: J&R, Beach, etc. - a fairly long list.</p>

<p>Beware of the lowball scam artist vendors that advertise way below the market prices. Check each dealer out on www.resellerratings.com before trusting them.</p>

<p>Dan</p>

<p>bhphoto.com and amazon.com.</p>

<p>Just about everything I buy comes from bhphoto because of price.</p>

<p>I find however my 2 DSLR's were not bought from bhphoto as I got it a bit cheaper through Amazon and Dell at the time...</p>

<p>-Mario</p>

<p>I will throw in a further recommendation for B&H. I have been using them since coming to the US in 1992 - initially for monthly orders of film and Polaroid which I did for years. In all that time they never put an order together wrong and it was always shipped and delivered as promised, sometimes to my home and frequently to the location I was headed to.</p>

<p>I now use them just for equipment purchases and the prices are always extremely good - you may save a couple of bucks somewhere else, nothing significant - but they are 100% reliable, never try any silly bait and switch nonsense and are always clear when offering a choice of gray or US market products.</p>

<p>Amazon has a lot of "associates" and buying from them does not have the same assurances that buying directly from Amazon does. To put it bluntly, some of the "associates" can be scams. If they ask you to pay by sending a money order directly to Transylvania, you should by no means do so..... (this actually happened to me, but I didn't do it of course).</p>

<p>I second those who say B&H. I have found prices to be good, customer service to be excellent, and shipping to be very fast. I have bought a 30D and several lenses there--most recently, a 24-105 that was used.</p>

<p>Best of luck with your purchase.<br>

Isabel</p>

<p>I used to shop almost exlusively at the jungle, because of their price adjusment and free return policy, and of free shipping for most of items. However, they have changed both policies since last Oct/Nov; i.e. no more price adjustment and no more no-question-asked return.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I've bought from J&R and Adorama occasionally, they are both reputable shops, but B&H or Amazon are where I get my gear from online, and Calumet offline. The really great thing about B&H is how consistent and reliable they are, even if they are not always the absolute cheapest.<br>

<br /> I received my new Mac Pro from Apple yesterday, unfortunately the video card is incompatible with my monitor. B&H has the other, hopefuly compatible video card in stock (Apple has it back-ordered for a week) and when I ordered with next-day shipping, they actually shipped it next-day even though I was 3 hours after the cut-off, so I will get it tomorrow. Thanks!<br>

<br /> The fact Henry Posner (director of Customer Service at B&H) posts regularly here is just another sign of how they walk the walk on customer service. That's rewarded by loyalty (I've spent over $22,000 there in the last 10 years).</p>