Best photo lab in London?

Hi all,

Could anyone recommend a good, competent place to get one's digital

photos printed in London. I have tried Snappy Snaps but they're very

expensive, as well as an independent lab but their quality sucks.

Jessops have apparently won numerous wards for their photo printing...

could anyone recommend them or anyone else in the central/west London

area?

Thanks in advance

I am not really answering the question "best photo lab in London", but I use Jessops on-line service. Unfortunately there are some problems for me since it was rebranded from Photo@Net to Photoexpress (http://www.jessopsphotoexpress.com/wpp/jessopsphotoexpress/welcome.jsp) - nothing that can't be worked around.

For one thing use IE; they don't support Firefox. Also while you can crop images in their new system you can't specify your image to be wholly within the paper size unless it is of exactly the same aspect ration - my solution is to add a white border round the image in the file and crop parts of that border off where necessary. I have complained about this limitation, which didn't exist in Photo@Net, but they don't seem interested in working on it.

Anyway, it's cheaper than the in-store service, but you can still opt for your prints to be delivered to a store which saves you the postage and gets a two day turn-around - not bad. Prints glossy on Fuji Crystal Archive, up to 15"x10" and they do all sorts of "gift" items too.

Cannot guarantee which is the best. Google the firm, Metro Images London. Or Google The Photographers Gallery London, then at their home page click on information, then click resources, then click printing and processing. You will find a list of labs there. Good luck

Cannot guarantee which is the best. Google the firm, Metro Images London. Or Google The Photographers Gallery London, then at their home page click on information, then click resources, then click printing and processing. You will find a list of labs there. Good luck

I'd go with DLab 7 as well. The problem with Snappy/Jessops/Boots/etc is that every store is run by people with a different lack of intelegence and/or skill (some lack more than others) and you never know what you are going to get.

Too bad Joe's Basement went belly up a few years ago; they did very good (and cheap) sets of 6x4s...