photographers hot spots for outdoor photography in my Area (Miami,

Fl)

I'll start with the first:

Virginia Beach, Key Biscayne. This spot has it all, from romantic

spots right on the water (great for engagement pictures), to rustic

corners with old vegetation (great for fashion photography). It

will cost you $3 per car to get in, but it's worth it. If you want

directions, just ask.

Hope you guys find this useful, and post your own spots.

Thanks in advance

For awhile the Miami-Dade County Parks people were really uptight about "pros" shooting in their parks. At the north end of the county Greynolds Park is a nice mostly wooded place with a pond.

In North Miami on the north side of N.E.135th St., just west of the R.R. tracks at about 17th Ave., is the Enchanted Forest park (a city park) with Arch Creek running through it. There's a foot bridge over the creek. It's partly wooded. I've shot a lot of pictures there over the years.

here in mexico you pretty much just need to point toward the ocean and your set.

if you�re ever in San Jose del Cabo the Estuary right out of town offers some pretty great backdrops.

cheers

lucas<div>00B0OD-21691584.jpg.bae039403dae4a6b917457c08c0ebbda.jpg</div>

I haven't lived in Miami for nearly 35 years, but there's a neat spot on the western edge of the Gables that I used to use, right off Red Road, if I remember correctly, where there are a lot of columns--kind of a Spanish-looking place. Al, do you know the place I'm thinking about?

The place you are referring to is on SW 8th and Red Rd. It is a popular spot for the young Latin women who are having their formal shots taken for their 15th birthday party. Let's see if I can come up with some more spots in Miami. There is the Biltmore in Coral Gables, Hialeah racetrack (decaying but still beautiful), the rooftop of one of the buildings in the Design District (I forgot the name of the building but went to a photo shoot there once), under the bridge on the beach side of the I-395 causeway (many commercials have been shot there as the Miami skyline is in the background) but it is very dusty and dirty as it is not paved, Jimbos on Key Biscayne (maybe Virginia Key) for an old time rustic // alcoholic feel, the pool at the National Hotel on South Beach, the park at South Pointe near Smith and Wollensky, and for the intrepid and not faint of heart, there is an old building off of downtown Miami that has great colors and where I once saw a model using the building as the background in her shoot. How about some of the bridges over the Miami River? I know this may sound like a strange suggestion, but the sewage treatment plant in Hialeah is an amazing building. If you can get permission to take photos there you will not be disappointed. How about the Botanical Gardens near the Holocaust Memorial on Meridian on South Beach?

I used to drive around Miami looking for spots to take photos of the city before I got married. Now, with a baby due in two weeks I am working mostly from memory.

If I can think of anymore places, i will let you know.

I'm glad you guys are finding this post useful. All of the places mentioned here are great. The place on 8th street in Coral Gables is nice, but you always have to fight for elbow room. There's always somebody there taking pictures. Jimbo's in Key Biscayne is a great one, I just shot some engagement pics there last weekend.

• 2 years later...

I have shot Engagement pics at The Barnacle House in Coconut Grove, Also At Pinecrest Gardens(Use to be Parrot Jungle) Great Spot.

Bill Baggs State Park in Key Biscayne.

Im still looking for a nice pier. I gotta go scope out Ft.Lauderdale.

You can see my work at www.nbphotographix.com

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Everyone can agree- Vizcaya is one of the best places in South Florida for <a href="http://curtiscopeland.blogspot.com/2010/03/engagement-

photography-miami-vizcaya.html">engagement photography</a>. There are few places that can match the character, textures, and mystic

which makes up the Vizcaya Gardens. It is a little pricey to shoot there, but well worth it.

- Curtis

<a href="http://www.curtiscopeland.com">wedding photography</a>

• 2 months later...
<p>Also the check out the Design District in downtown. You can drive around and find some nice graffities all over the place. On Key Biscayne, you can go to the light house on the south tip of the island. I definitely can recommend Deerfield beach's pier. Also, you can go to Miami Beach but walk towards North and you can find some places without tourists. The problem with Vizcaya is that it cost $150 to get a shooting permit. In addition, it is filled with quince photographers and lot of times you have to wait for a shooting spot until another photographer finishes there. you can get some nice sunset pictures on the west side of Bill Baggs State Park in Key Biscayne. Otto</p>

• 2 months later...
<p>This forum is really a lucky find... I am working for this little clothing company in Montreal and we are planning to shoot 2 of our 4 collections in Miami in November. Those collections are called OCEAN and SAFARI, so we are looking for spots where we can find water, of course, palms and a pier for the first one, and rustic vegetation or sand dunes for Safari. Any other suggestions would be welcome! Since we don't have much money nor time, those spots need to be easy to access and shoot. Being far from Miami, the less procedures we go through, the best it will be for us.<br /> Does any place like that exist? If so, I would be pleased to hear back from one of you.<br /> Also, if this is not too much to ask for, what are the good model agencies to work with in Miami?</p>

• 11 months later...