Best film processing in Minneapolis?

Dave,

I've had pretty questionable experiences with Nat Cam and C-41, at least on their Edina processor. They can turn around

E6 by sending it out to St. Cloud, in about a week -- good processing done there.

If you're near Edina, Fast Foto on France Ave does good work, esp with scanning, on C-41.

I think everone sends their B&W out to Lindhoff.

Dave & Carl,

Thanks for your responses. Just picked up a couple of C-41 processed rolls from Nat'l Camera and not real happy with results - okay but

not great. I'll be shooting mostly E-6 and understand that everyone sends that out? I'll accumulate several rolls and then try Fast Foto for

scanning.

Dave

<p>Dave (Prince),</p>

<p>Both Fast Foto and Nat Cam send E6 to The Camera Shop in St. Cloud. Nat Cam gets daily drop off and pick up and Fast Foto was once a week, last time I asked. Use National or send it directly to The Camera Shop (TCS).</p>

<p>http://www.thecamerashop.com/imagecenter/slides.html</p>

<p>TCS cuts Nat Cam a price break so I don't believe it is any cheaper to do business with them directly AND if you use Nat Cam, there is obviously no postage charge (they use St. Cloud-based Spee-Dee for courier service).</p>

<p>So, based on my experience: <br>

C41 + scans: Fast Foto<br>

E6: Nat Cam (turn around is a week) ... TCS via Nat Cam offers scanning options as well</p>

<p>Although you didn't ask, if you want <em><strong>cheap and reasonably good, quick C41 processing and scans</strong></em><strong> </strong>use Walgreens at 50th and France in Edina. Seriously, I've had them do over a two hundred rolls of C41 for me in the past 5 years and they've never screwed one up. I have standing directives to them not to cut my negatives too. This is your "good enough" option -- not professional -- use Fast Foto for that.</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Since I've moved back to Minneapolis I've had a hard time to find a good, or at least economically feasable, photo processing lab in the Twin Cities area. I've tried them all in the last few years and I'm quite disapointed with cost to quality ratio. Cost is important to me but the quality and availability of different processing and scanning options are even more important. No lab in Minneapolis will scan files at the hi-res levels and quality of, for example, Citizens Photo in Portland, OR (where I now send film for processing and scanning). I tried for several months to work with the local labs hoping that they would at least come up with some discount schemes for film users but to no avail. Therefore, I started mailing film to a lab that I've used for a long time in Portland, OR. I hate to do this because I belive in supporting local economy but the local labs are not competitive enough. National Camera Exchange is a good place for quick C-41 processing, albeit they're rahter expensive. E6 and classic B&W I send out and lately C-41. There are quite a few on-line photo developing sites in the country and I usually wait till I shoot at least four rolls of film before I send them out. It's cheaper and the quality is better than in the Twin Cities. </p>

<p>Hi Emir,</p>

<p>I find so many people in the Twin Cities contributing on PhotoNet but I never see any of them in any "Film Walks" that our studio hosts. Hopefully, some time we can meet.</p>

<p>Thanks for your comments. Your experience is different in that you seem to be looking for good scanning options. Processing has always been fine for me but, I agree, scanning options seem limited in this area. I do my own scanning (never satisfied though) so I'll take your advise if I need some good quality scans.</p>

• 3 years later...