Best deal for d70s?

luca_moiana

Is time for me to get a digital SLR and go back to my hobby.

I finally decided for a Nikon d70s but now it?s hard to decide where

to buy and what to buy. I?ve seen some kit on ebay for 1200$ a little

too much for me but they seem to be a good deal. Any suggestion?

If you can, purchase from a proven dealer, perhaps from one that

sponsors photo.net. I bought my D70 from Adorama. Great

service, very reliable. B&H is another good source. There are

others as well.

You also might want to think about buying a D70 instead and

save some money. Rebates and such. The two cameras are

almost the same, with the big difference being the review screen

size. And you can download the firmware update to match how

the innards work.

If you can, get it with the kit lens (18-70mm). That combination is

hard to beat for the price and quality.

You may have trouble finding a D70, as they're now out of production, replaced by the D70S. Of course, eBay might be a solution, there.

I usually stick with B&H Photo. You likely won't find a camera for much** less anywhere, and your confidence will be high that ANY customer service issue will be well-handled. That's worth an extra $20 to me any day, especially with all the price games out there with stores that will advertise for much less. Adorama too will compete for prices.

If you want a very simiar camera body with nearly the same number of assets, try Nikon's new D50 - that'll save you some $.

Buydig.com has the D70 kit w/lens USA for right around $1000.00 plus you get the $100 rebate. $900 for the whole kit is one heck of a price. They also include free ground shipping. I'm sure other reputable dealers have similar prices.

Luca, are you located in the US?

If so, and you want the best deal, then think no further than www.bhphoto.com, search for D70 kit (hence, not the D70s) and buy in NOW. The final stock will be out soonish, and a D70 w/ the kit lens for $899 after $100 MIR is hard to beat. If you don't have a CF card, the extended kit with the 1GB Sandisk Ultra II card is a good deal as well.

If you dwell on this decision to long, your only option will be to buy a D70s kit at full price.

A few weeks ago I bought the d70 kit for $860 after rebate at Abes of Maine. No bait and switch or pushy sales men. They are also an authorized Nikon dealer. No matter where you go make sure you read reviews of the store at reseller ratings. there are alot of shaddy nyc companies who will make your life hell.