best compact flash gun for mamiya 7

gerard_bynre

<p>Do you consider a Vivitar 283 / 285 compact? (I do). Great power and controllable. Oh, the price is right, usually around $25-40 used. That is what I use w/ all of my cameras (including a Mamiya 7) for those rare occasions where I use flash, mostly for fill.</p>

<p>Guy's,</p>

<p>thanks for the bargain basement suggestions - just what I was after really. Both suggestions are a little large for the chest pocket on my jacket - which is where I planned on porting this little fall-back. Anything smaller?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Gerard: I know just what you need. It would be any one of those hundreds of different model cheap flashes made 25 years ago that used 2 AA batteries. They were low cost back then and now $5-$10 in a used camera store or camera flea market. They were all low powered. Some were thyristor and some were just "on". You may have to remember how to use guide numbers but that is easy.<br>

Personally I sometime use a $5 Hamminex flash. It is about half the size of a pack of cigarettes. It is so low powered that I know if I am 6-8' away from the subject that it will provide nice fill and not much more.</p>

• 1 year later...