best choice for film for pinhole camera?

If my exposures are expected to be 3 seconds or longer in my pinhole

camera, is a better choice for film the TMAX films due to their better

response to reciprocity failure? 3 seconds is a bright sunny day as my

pinhole is f256. What is your choice of film and why. Is xtol the way

to go for pulling the film?

I use Tri-X or HP-5 since they have good exposure latitude. I use either HC-110 or D-76. My apertures are not as exact as yours, and I have exposures of 10 seconds plus just guessing. I seem to get good results.

However, I approach pinhole as form of photography in which I don't concentrate on technical issues.

Below is a PinHolga photo taken with the old Tri-X and HC-110, and the negs seem very normal. I think the exposure was about 8 seconds.<div>00Fczo-28780184.jpg.b0e073a40a60fef683865796542f1a9b.jpg</div>

i shoot mainly 4x5. i found fomapan 100 to work excellent for me. shoots well, scans well , and contact prints well. i hate efke 25. i just can not get it to scan. i have not tried to contact print it. it was just too difficult for me. tmax and trix are good too, but expensive. i have used forte 200 with good results too. velvia 100f is nice for color.

in 120 format i have shot a bit of C41. the 160NPS works well. i have only shot a bit of it, but i plan to shoot more.

check out http://www.f295.org/Pinholeforum/forum/Blah.pl? it has alot of great info. i use the pinhole designer, it has exposure guides that include reciprocity info for most of the common films. works great. sorry, i can not find the link now. have fun.

tmax has great reciprocity characteristics. expect to be in the 30 sec to 3 minutes most of the time.

eddie

I've been using Tmax 100 with good results. For normal outdoor scenes, I tack on 50% extra

time to meter reading. Attached photo was taken with a 4x5 75mm pinhole- 6 seconds

(approx) Tmax100 in xtol normal. Good luck, pinhole photography is lots of fun. Check out

pinhole resource on the web.<div>00Fh7s-28890184.jpg.c8400dafce0179e0337f86ec0ff9c21b.jpg</div>