Best all-over Prime lens for weddings?

betty_lowrey

<p>I use the 85 f1.8 it's with me 80% of the time. It's great for tight getting ready shots, first dance, toast, cake ( not cake cutting) etc. Here is a first dance at f 2.2 I keep the camera on auto focus and follow the B&G the lens is a bit slow at focusing but the image quality makes up for the slow focusing.</p><div>00Tgd7-145401684.jpg.f0ea88d1b9861eff1719e613c7e2ed8f.jpg</div>

<p>IMO the 85mm can contribute the wonderful image quality due to it's rear focusing element that puts the glass closer to the sensor than most lenses. If you own this lens then you know when taking it off of the camera body you have to be careful not to touch the rear lens element because it sticks out of the lens housing almost like a reversed fisheye.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Our personal favs: 35 1.4L, 50 1.2L, 85 1.2L, 135 2L, 70-200 2.8L IS.<br /> I think that'd be the best place to work from. We love them.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>But these are Canon lenses. The question is about Nikon. :-)</p>

<p>I'd suggest 50 1.4 and 85 1.4. They're the lenses I've found most useful to me. For my money the 50 is probably more versatile than the 85. Much sharper wide open too - the 85 is pretty soft until you stop down a bit.</p>