In terms...

1) Price, 2) Ease, 3) Original templates, 4) Color issues when sending to album

maker

I am looking at...

1) You Select It, 2) LumaPix FotoFusion, 3) Photojunction, or 4)Yervant Page

Gallery

So far, I love the originality of Yervant's Program, but I cannot justify the

price.

Lumapix seems the easist to use, but lacks templates.

What do you guys think?

Being fairly new to all this, I actually came here with the same question. I looked at alot of

stuff....and to be perfectly honest, Kieth's answer is the best. I'm pretty new to cs3, but these

templates are complete crap compared to what's possible. Look at Kieth's site to make my

point. BC commented on the time issue. But if have good taste, it will take you longer to

tweak a template to your liking than just doing it yourself from jumpstreet. I was looking for

a magic bullet too, there just ain't one out there

Russ, I would consider myself a Photoshop Master. I spend about 2 full days per album, seeking artistic perfection. I should have been more clear. My real question has to do with saving time. I guess I am trying to find the best product with premade templates and premade album-producer templates (e.g., guides already made for KISS Wedding Albums 10x10). I am not concerned with originality of template layout as much as I am concerned with the pictures and emotion. Does that make sense? Is there an affordable album design program that gets out of my way?

BC, once you start using actions in Photoshop, it's pretty simple and quick to produce the pages. The problem with the template programs is all the time you spend sorting out and selecting from all the different templates that are available. You can also develop some of your own templates that you tend to use frequently and shave even more time from the process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<p>This is a great discussion. I am now going to actually watch those CS3 Julieanne Kost's videos I bought a year ago as well as read CS3 by Kelby. <br>

I need to start providing wedding albums and this has been a recent need as I am finding my shoot and burn joy days are ending as too many brides need help bringing the images to print.</p>