Benro geared head users.

s_duncan

I'm wondering if you can answer a question before I purchase one of these. The question I have is does carrying the tripod with head attached and camera attached over your shoulder while walking damage or make the head loose in any way? Either immediate loss of support or a weakening of the geared movements over time ?

Thanks for any input.

I would not t carry a tripod with the camera attached, except with Arca-Swiss type QR and a generous amount of caution.

Components of the Benro geared head are cantilevered, with most of the load carried by the gear mechanism. By comparison, the Arca Cube supports the camera with bearing surfaces, gears only used to move the camera along two axes. The prices, $200 v $1600, should say something about design, construction and durability.

When interpreting load capacity, you must consider the lever arm factor when the load is offset, and the force of acceleration and deceleration incurred when carrying it with a camera attached. The load centered on the head and tripod, while stationary, is not a strenuous test.