Bella 66 shutter speeds

<p>at the last camera show I went to I picked up both a Bella (44) and Bella 66. I cannot tell any difference between the 1/50th and 1/100th shutter speeds on either. It seems closer to 1/50th which is too slow I think. Anyone use these cameras? Anyone tinker with them and get the speeds up?</p>

<p>thanks!</p>

<p>I've never owned a Bella, but I would think that like other brands, just exercising the shutters may get them working at or near the indicated speeds. If not, then some disassembly and a drop of lighter fluid in the shutter mechanism may be in order. Wish I could be of more help.</p>

<p>Mark, my Bilora Bella 44 has perceptibly different speeds on the two settings, both visually and in sound. At the 100 setting there is to my ear a single click (until you allow the shutter release to come up again when it makes a second sound), while at 50 there is a definite two-stroke sound. Looking at the two openings, I think they are probably fairly close to the rated speeds, but if they are closer to 1/30 & 1/60 than to 1/50 & 1/100, which they may be, it wouldn't concern me much given the other limitations of the camera. <br>

.<br>

I've never tinkered with mine but the shutter can be got at from the back pretty easily. A drop of lighter fluid may do the trick for you.<br>

.<br>

I've used my Bella 44 several times since I bought it twenty years ago, and I enjoy it. Its Achromat f/8 lens may be the lens with the least elements that I have ever used -- I think Achromat means it is a doublet.</p>