BEES & WASPS

Discussion in 'Macro' started by http://www.photo.net/dman, Jan 4, 2020.

1. i actually caught this wasp capture this dragon fly and started eating him...I caught it out of the corner of my eye and tried to get it into focus....happened fast....I used a Canaon EOS 80 D EF-S 18-55mm lens, f/35 IS STM. I shot the picture at f/6.3 55mm ido 100...

IMG_7043 -1 A.jpg

2. Carmel 17b_Ocean Avenue_1.jpg

cameragary likes this.
  3. MO-StL-MBG-bees-hive-l.jpg
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
    And by opposing end them

cameragary likes this.
  4. SCL

SCL

5. 0006Mac Abeja Libando Comiendo Flor-Micro-NikkorAIs105.jpg Mixcro-Nikkor AIs 105

ajkocu, allancobb, markhut and 7 others like this.
  6. On the other hand, sometimes the life is sucked right out of a bee. This assassin bug kept the stinger out of reach and the bee didn't stand a chance.

nature bees41020.JPG

7. Flight of the Valkyrie? Flight of the Valkyri -bees.jpg

hjoseph7, ajkocu, allancobb and 12 others like this.
  8. Shot in my backyard

bijbewerkt2.jpg

bij.jpg

ajkocu, allancobb and cameragary like this.
  9. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

10. best i could do new old camera pics canon a1 7 2019 030.jpg

allancobb, bgelfand and luis triguez like this.
  11. Frank, I know this isn't a thread for comments, but I thought you might want to know that what you posted isn't a bee or a wasp. It's a hoverfly. There are three giveaways. The most obvious is the paddle-shaped antennae, which are common among fly species but are not found among bees and wasps. The second is the wrap-around eye shape. Many flies have that, but bees and wasps don't. compare the eye of the honeybee two images up. The third, which is often hard to see, is that there are only two wings. That's a characteristic of flies. The name for the order that includes flies is diptera, which means two wings. All bees and wasps have four, although it isn't always easy to see them.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    ajkocu likes this.