Beautiful Couple, Leica M3 / Summicron, Napenthe Big Sur

I requested a series of photographs with my Leica for this lovely couple. I've sent them copies, and they have approved my use of their pictures in this forum. M3 DS, Summicron 50 V5, Provia 100, NCPS Carlsbad CA, no color adjustments or crops. This is moments before sunset, straight from the camera.

I'll post one pic per, so folks can comment by shot #.

If recollection serves, this is all 1/100th at 5.6, hand held, and shooting as fast as I could identify a shot / focus / compose / shoot and restart. The whole thing lasted about 2 minutes. Quick and dirty metering off the back of my hand with a junky (but functional!) 1960s Gold Crest meter.

“.....straight from the camera.”

The best kind.

Sounds like a good thread title.

Great shots.

Warmly candid.

Thanks.

Sometimes, the world puts art in front of you, and your job is to employ the camera at hand to capture the fleeting moment.

There's no way to stage what just showed up in front of me. Very nice people too.

I hope this sort of post is an appropriate use of the forum. I could go to Portraits, Leica, or some other place. But mainly I tend to put everything here, since I have no cameras with autofocus. And if this is too much navel gazing, I'll take that advice too. So let me know of any potential violations of propriety.