"bc" fault code on EOS1n

nigel_craig

<p>I have an EOS1n which is showing flashing "bc" fault code. The battery is fine - the fault code shows up when pressing the shutter release and the shutter does not fire. It fell off a coffee table onto a metal object but the inpact was absorbed by the lenscap, so shouldn't really be an issue for a pro body.</p>

<p>Any ideas on what might clear the fault before I put it on ebay as non-working?</p>

<p>bc is a general fault code. It can be associated with the mirror or the shutter as well as the battery. Generally the shutter button initiates a series of actions, e.g. lift the mirror, open the first curtain, open the second curtain, lower the mirror etc. If one step doesn't complete as it should the sequence stops and you get an error message.</p>

<p>It sounds like the impact has dislodged something.</p>

<p>Take the lens off and try gently lifting the mirror. Does it swing up freely and return down smoothly?</p>

<p>Are the shutter blades all neatly in position?</p>

<p>Otherwise stick it on eBay and some idiot like me will buy it for the challenge of mending it.</p>

<p>Henry</p>

<p>Nigel, I assume when you say "the battery is fine", you've done all the manual tells us to do in this circumstance? i.e. (quote) "If the indicator shows a sufficient battery level, remove the battery, wipe the battery terminals, and reload it". Just "a thought", the jolt could have disturbed the battery, before you finally commit to ebay.<br>

Tony B</p>