BayI filters

george_huczek

My local dealer informs me that BayI filters are only to be found on the used market. Is that so?

I am looking for some BayI colour filters for Rolleiflex/Yashicamat lens mounts. Does anyone happen to have any of these that they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price? Alternatively, I need to know if I can find a filter mount converter to be able to use thread mount filters, or a supplier who I can contact to buy BayI filters, if they can still be found anywhere.

George,

<p>

Bay1 filters for the Roelli are still listed as available in

the latest B&H Photo catalog. B+W offers Bay 1 filters

and calls them size B1. I did not find any Bay 1 filters in

the Tiffen listings.

<p>

B&H web address follows ---

<p>

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/photo/filters/navigation.html ---

<p>

Hope this helps. B+W may be your only choice for new

Bay 1 filters. Yes B+W filters do cost more than other

brands. Are they worth it? I am not going to start that

fight.

<p>

Good luck,

Larry

Rollei brand Bay1 filters can be found at several major used distrubitors, but are generally very expensive used. Look for B35 as this is the same size as Bay1 (or at least mounts very well on my Rolleiflexs and 124G) and is usually how you will see third party filters (such as Tiffen and Hoya)listed. These can be had very reasonably. With a little effort it shouldn't be hard to find a Series 5 adaptor for this mount. (This is what most of the filters I use are, since they are relatively common and very cheap.

• 4 years later...
Hello everyone. TLR uses will find this thread so heres an update. Get a Bay 1 / Bay 30 adapter that allows the use of sized, screw in filters. If you have 35mm gear, your 49-55 mm filters can than be "shared" with the TLR and you can spend the money on another "toy". Try www.goodwinphotoinc.com for the Bay x adapters at a reasonable price. Enjoy, Bill