Bay Area (South Bay/ Peninsula) Slide Development

Discussion in 'Film and Processing' started by sam__, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Hi,

I used to go to Calypso in Santa Clara to develop slides. But now that they
    have moved to Santa Cruz and only do dropoffs/pickups, is there an alternative
    option around the south bay area (I live in Sunnyvale) that's also convenient,
    and produce quality output? (Calypso has dip and dunk I believe).

Thanks.

2. You might see if New Lab in S.F. still has drop off and pick up in Palo Alto.(At Keeble and
    Shuchat I think) They are the best E-6 lab left in the bay area.

3. last I checked K&S still sends to Newlab.

4. I don't think there is anywhere other than Calypso in SC and New Lab in SF that lets you do on-site drop-off and pick-up. Both have locations where you can drop-off (Calypso in Santa Clara, New Lab at Keeble) and then pick-up, but you'd have to drive to those places otherwise.

Is there a reason why drop-off and pick-up from a location other than the actual store isn't sufficient?

allan

5. drop off/ pick up works also. it is simply that i am somewhat new to the area and if there is a lab that i was previously unaware of that's just as good and just as close, I can investigate this extra option.

and i can get results back quicker too if the lab is in the bay area!

6. http://www.thedarkroom.com/

7. You might try Superior Color Lab. It's been
    a few years since I've been there, so I'm not
    sure if they are still there or if they still
    do E6. They don't seem to have a web site.
    But they were good when I used them.
    <br><br>
    Superior Color Lab<br>
    1202 Lincoln Ave Ste 106<br>
    San Jose, CA 95125 <br>
    (408) 287-7884<br>

8. I second the Superior color lab suggestion. I last used them 4-5 years ago for medium format slides and they were quite good. There was also a Vision color lab, but I heard they closed. I drove up Lincoln Ave not long ago and the lab was still there.