Bay-1 Hood Stuck

baisao

<p>My friend has loaned me his Yashica Mat 124g and since I do some work on old cameras he has asked me if I can remove the hood from his camera. The square hood is manufactured by Walz. When he bought the camera from the big auction site the hood came with it. He stuck it onto the taking lens bayonet but could never figure out how to remove it.</p>

<p>I can see the slots line up with the tabs but when I pull the hood it just will not release. I also noticed that there is an inner collar and an outer collar on the hood. When the hood is pressed toward the film plane the chrome outer collar hits the speed and stop knobs, preventing it from going all the way down.</p>

<p>If the hood got onto the camera is seems probable that the hood could also be removed.</p>

<p>Any ideas as to what the problem is and how I can remove this hood for him?</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>I don't see anything resembling a Series V. The hood looks precisely like these two examples. Shouldn't it just twist off, or do I need to press in and twist?</p>

<p>Again, I feel like the outer ring is prohibiting the hood from being pressed in.</p>

<div>00cI5C-544702684.jpg.cb183bf282c0e341ce62f0f9c51d1fce.jpg</div>